Saturday, October 1, 2011

31 Days in the Word: Exodus 14:14

I decided on a whim (like an hour ago, if you must know) to join in with The Nester and a whole other slew of bloggers using the month of October to do a 31 Days series. I've been thinking about it for a while, because I really wanted to do something that would keep me committed to blogging this month.

So I tried to think of what I could offer. Digital design tricks and tutes? Don't know if I would have enough material to get to Halloween. Homeschool advice? Considering I'm only a month and a half in, I'm probably not the person you want to go to for homeschooling advice. :) 31 awesome quick dinner recipes? Possibly, as long as all the posts were just a link to somewhere on Pioneer Woman's site. (I kid, I kid... kind of.)

I thought about what I really liked, and what was really important to me, and the only thing I could come up with was the Scripture memory cards. And I don't know if anyone has noticed (and I'm not going to ask if anyone has because seriously, how self involved is that?) but I have totally dropped the ball on the Friday freebies. My daughter's school and social life has had me racing all over town. Plus we've had family in to visit, a tropical storm to ride out, beaucoup activities and commitments, etc. etc. etc. When I finally got a break (read: the stomach virus) all I wanted to do was surf Pinterest, not make downloadable cards.

But I'm challenging myself. I want to do 31 days and I want to give the absolute best thing I have to offer for those 31 days: a way for you to incorporate more Scripture memorization in your life.

So. All that to say, welcome to 31 Days of the Word.


Today's card is Exodus 14:14. Such an amazing verse. One that has really carried me (and at times reigned me in when my temper got out of control) this year.



Also! I want 31 Days to be interactive! I realize with the 500+ blogs linked over at Nester's, commenting will be slim to none. But if you want a certain verse made into a card, please leave it in the comments and I'll get it made sometime this month.

So I guess that's all for today. I'll be back tomorrow with another card. How fun is this going to be?

(One more thing. You should really check out my friends Kristen & Christy. They are both doing really great 31 series on living in the now and becoming who you are meant to be, respectively. Seriously good stuff.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are joining in with the other 31 dayers! It's going to be challenging but fun. ;) I so adore your scripture memory cards. Pretty and oh so very useful in learning the Word.

Anonymous said...

. . . And then I come here and read the very verse I most needed to hear.

So excited you are joining!!